Friday, January 16, 2015

Worthy and Worth

After a week of Insanity Max 30, I have learned a lot. I have made it through scissor and "x" jumps, tricep dip crosses, and burpee suicides (who invents such a thing??), calf cramps, sore shoulders and shaky muscles EVERYWHERE. I have pushed myself to the MAX and fell flat on the floor dying (or so it felt for 5 seconds until I could catch my breath).

Warning... this picture is ugly, but the truth - #nofilter. I can't wait to introduce my volleyball players to these awesome, yet horrid moves.


But beyond the week of sweat and soreness, I've learned - a magic aha moment - that while I may be unworthy, I am worth it.  In the Bible, the story of Jacob, he is blessed and granted God's favor on his life. Yet, Jacob knew he was not worthy. Gen 32:10 "I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown..." And this is true for us all, we are not worthy of the blessings and favor He gives us in this life. I have failed Him in many many ways. Yet, I am still blessed. I know that I am unworthy.

However, I've only recently realized that being unworthy does not mean I'm not "worth" it. I am worth it. I am worth investing in myself, in both my physical and spiritual health. I am worth the extra hour a day to study the Bible and get a workout in. I am worth it, and my life is worth enough for me to value this spiritual and physical health. On top of that, my kids are worth having a mom that is "here". She is focused and committed to her family and their well-being. My husband is worth having a  wife of the same values. We ARE worth the investment. That is why God has invested His blessings in us. He knows are worth. He knows that our brokeness, our failures and shortcomings are avenues to bless others. 2 Cor 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness."

So while we have shortcomings, and we may fail Him on a daily basis, and we may be unworthy. We are worth it. YOU are worth it. You are worth every drop of sweat to be healthy. Every minute of quiet time with God. You are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment