Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Blessings and Stuff

I'm sure you've had "one of those days..." I'm having one today. Busy at work, busy at home. Phone won't quit ringing. Bills are due. I started a workout THREE times and had to stop to take care of something (problems of working at home).

I went to do laundry and the three loads I did yesterday multiplied somehow and there are another three loads waiting for me. I swear I just washed some of that stuff... I went to take a blueberry shake out of the fridge after my attempt at a workout, dropped it on the floor and had blueberry shake in my hair, on my neck, on my clothes, all over the floor, the fridge...  And, I wanted to scream.

But, out of nowhere this song popped into my head... This is the Stuff. So needed to hear this today, 

"In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed." 

Blueberry Shakeology in my hair, failed workout, busy day and on top of it all, I have to see that this is the stuff YOU use. The little things that you use to humble us, to guide us, to show us your plan is much much bigger than any that I think I may have. I thought I was on a schedule today, but you have shown me your schedule. 

"I've got to trust you know exactly what you're doing, might not be what I would choose, 
but this is the stuff you use...

Break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world."

So thank you Lord. Thank you for all my blessings, whether they feel like cursed blessings or not. You have blessed me richly in ways that money cannot touch. The little things, this STUFF that does drive me crazy, isn't going to define me, or my life. Your plans for me are much greater.

Today I will treasure the STUFF, I will look for the happy in all the crazy frustrations. Oh, look at that, with -16* weather the dog crapped in the basement... And, so is life. Excuse me while I go clean up ANOTHER mess. And no, I'm not joking. I'd post a pic but that would just be gross... 




No comments:

Post a Comment