Monday, January 26, 2015

Giving...

I have never been a tither... There. I confessed it. I've slacked for way too long. Using all the "normal" excuses. We didn't have the extra money. I could barely afford bills, camps, and everything else the kids needed.

I decided as part of my New Year ~ New You resolution that I would start tithing. 10% of all my Beachbody income and working on adding the additional % of my normal income. It's tough. I'm not used to this. But, I listened to a great message (I missed it as we were gone from church that week), week two of the "Drive" series by Pastor Jeff Arnett Drive #2 - Jan 12th Sermon. It's not "extra" income that I need to tithe. It's giving that tithe FIRST. That tithe is for God, it's not extra. It's changing my mindset on HOW to give.

I'm accepting TVC's tithe challenge. 12 weeks straight.

"Give, and it will be given to you. 
A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Luke 6:38


No comments:

Post a Comment