Friday, January 23, 2015

Haters and Heroes

Yesterday I was beginning to feel defeated, you try so hard and people still want to see what they want, they want to lay blame on the shoulders of people who don't deserve it. They want to tear down all the good that someone has worked so hard to create. BUT, I realize these people, these happy sucking vampires, are winning only if I let them. If I choose to focus on them and let my anger grow, then they win. If I choose to move on, ignore them, and create my own happy - then I win.

I've seen a few posts and articles over the last few days - people trying to change their world. People making it their goal to make someone else's life better, even in very small ways. This goes along with my last post, but reaching out to one person can change the momentum of their day, their life, and therein the world around them. I believe in the small ripples of change. You pay it forward today and the ripple moves on... Some people think it's silly, but have you ever purchased lunch or coffee for the car behind you? Try it sometime.

We can defeat the angry people, the haters of the world. They will forever exist, as that is human nature and sin. But, they don't have to defeat us.

Then I saw this video this morning and I got to thinking about every day heroes - Kid President how can you NOT love this kid...  Heroes

I have a lot of "heroes". Sometimes it's that stranger in the store you see going out of their way to help someone. It's the missionaries, the military personnel, the teachers, my kids, my husband, my parents... The high school students leaving sticky notes around the school. The students taking time out of their day to work with younger kids. The volunteers working with the elderly. The moms staying at home raising their kids... I could go on. There are SO many GOOD people. Life is good. God is good - all the time.

So today, I refuse to let the haters bring me down. I refuse to let the happy vampires ruin my Friday, my week or my life. These people are not my judge and jury. I don't live to please them. My happiness comes from within, your heart is the key, and my heart will not be hardened.

"For out of the heart come evil thoughts... These are what defile a person" 
Matt 15:19-20

The actions of the haters will only fuel my desire for change and to seek more kindness and love in this world. We were all created for a reason, doing nothing is most likely not our goal. We are all capable of great things. So DO SOMETHING today. You are here to make a difference. You are capable. You are meant for amazing things. "It's not enough to do nothing, It's time for us to do something..."

Feel free to comment below with how YOU are changing the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment