Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Multi-Tasking Problems

I'm sure I'm not the only woman out there struggling with this. Multi-tasking. I need more focus and I'm trying to figure the BEST way to get it.
Here's a few quick questions for you:

* How many books are you reading right now?
I have one for enjoyment, one personal development and one devotional. I carry 3 books and a journal wherever I go...

* How many tabs do you have open on your browser?
I have three screens, laptop, 2 large monitor screens for work. I have three applications open for work, three tabs open for work. Then I have chrome open with youtube (playing my favorite music), and a few other tabs that I browse when I take a quick coffee break from my work screen...



* How many rooms do you clean at once?
LOL, this is bad for me... I often have good intentions of doing ONE chore. Dishes. Then I scrape a dish and see the garbage is full. So, I bag up the trash and then realize I should also do the trash in the bathroom. So, I go to the bathroom, bag up the trash, clean the toilet, wipe down the sink, and then leave. On the way back from the bathroom, I stop and pick up all the empty wrappers my kids have left sitting on the coffee table, the empty water bottles my husband left and any other trash laying around. I go to put this in the trash I bagged up and realize I left the bathroom trash in the bathroom.. I head back to the bathroom, my phone rings. As I answer it, I start pulling stuff out of the fridge, might as well add this to the trash. Get off the phone and start doing dishes. Then I realize it's almost dinner time, so I start working on dinner while I try and finish dishes. While doing this I realize the kitchen towel is dirty so I walk this to the laundry. Throw a load in the dryer, throw a new load in the wash. Head back to the kitchen. Probably whatever I have on the stove is boiling over, burning or somewhat in danger of being burnt. I deal with this. Then realize the news is on. I turn on the TV to listen to the news while I finish dinner. Kids get home. Dinner is served. Dishes aren't completed, the load of laundry in the dryer needs to be folded, the trash is sitting in the entryway, the bathroom trash is still bagged up in the bathroom, and now there are even more dishes because of making dinner. There is even more stuff to be picked up, because, HELLO, kids are home and they've emptied their bags all over the kitchen table. The dog has destroyed something that needs to be picked up in millions of pieces all over the living room floor. In picking this up I finally get the trash bagged up and outside. I finish laundry only to turn around and have the kids walk in with a huge load of nasty sweaty clothes. Ugh... And I give up. Time to sit on the couch with a cup of tea and read that personal development book that might just clue me in on HOW to deal with all the chores at once, that somehow doesn't require cleaning fairies or a maid...  Then repeat EVERY. DAY.



And my husband wonders why I can't remember things...



No comments:

Post a Comment