Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Baby Sister, It's Cold Outside...

Two words. Michigan. Winter.  Yep, it's cold outside, again. We avoided the cold and snow all through December, but it found us. I decided to take my workout outside in the beautiful sunshine, which is horribly deceiving, and shovel today... I bundled up and was thinking how good the crisp cool (quite an understatement) would feel. At the same time, it would give me a break in the sunshine...


I even made a fresh cup of coffee to deliver to my sister, who also works from home, next door. She still has Arizona in her blood and she couldn't stand the thought of walking the 50 ft from her office to her house to get more coffee (not that the GREAT big sister that I am I walked the 200 ft to her office from my house...). This is how I found her... 


I thought she gained 100lbs, but it was just the pile of blankets and coats wrapped around her... 

I delivered the coffee then started my workout, shoveling the drive and sidewalk. Within 5 minutes the cold had sucked ALL the air out of me and I couldn't feel my fingers - yes, I wore gloves. My cheeks were frozen as well, I could not keep the scarf close enough to my eyes while shoveling. So, while my steps and sidewalk are shoveled, it is pretty much a failed workout attempt. I mean, it did burn some calories, but I since I froze before I tackled the driveway, it did not burn as many as I hoped. Next time I attempt to shovel the windshield will be above -10*... 

Thank you Michigan, for reminding me that while the view looks beautiful, it is horridly COLD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment