Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hello, Again...

Almost every new year I reintroduce myself to the blog... This last year was one of "those" years where my New Years post was my only post. Very sad. I truly miss writing and sharing my thoughts.

So yes, let me introduce myself again.

Over the past year I have transitioned down to a household of 3. My son is still out in Colorado, and my daughter moved to college down in Tennessee. I also transitioned back into the years of the dreaded middle school days as my youngest entered 6th grade last fall.

I am no pro on mothering. On being a wife. None of it. I am constantly failing and trying to learn again, but this last year was one of the hardest. Now that I have adapted, somewhat, to the household of three this year holds promises again.

What have I learned this year? I've had to learn how to cook for just three. My oldest two ate just about anything. My youngest and husband are the picky eaters. I've had to rearrange time frames, back to school drop off every day as my two oldest aren't here to drive the youngest anymore. I've learned how precious those crazy days with three kids were, and how to spend those now free moments when I don't have kids at three different practices anymore.

What I still have to learn? A lot. I keep thinking that the longer I am a wife and mom that the more I know, but really what I learned is that the longer that I am a wife and mom, the more there is to learn.

So this year is about the learning and growing. Cheers 2017!


No comments:

Post a Comment