Tuesday, October 14, 2014

These are the Words...

The Words I Would Say

Listened to this song today and now I can't stop listening to it. These are the words I would say to my kids, to my friends and family. These words are so true.


I've been crying A. LOT. lately. My son just turned 18, it's his senior year, senior pictures, he made homecoming court, he is going out of state (flying on his own-agh!) to meet with college wrestling coaches, the list goes on and on... But most importantly, he is a strong christian man. He sets a good example. He's a good leader, friend, boyfriend, brother and son. I am so proud of him in so many ways. When you learn from the examples your kids set... I've been there. When I would want to skip church, there he is, getting ready at 730am. I've learned as much from him over the years.

As I listen to this song, I think this is exactly what I want to tell him next fall when he moves away to where ever it is that God leads him. I want him to be the best he can be and to constantly search for God's will in his life. I know first hand the road you travel on your own is much more bumpy, uncertain and dark than the one God has mapped out for you. But many of us learn the hard way. None of us want that for our kids. We want them to learn from our mistakes so they don't have to make them on their own. I pray every day for their futures, wherever they will be...

I plan on sharing this song with him next year, and I hope, for him and my other two, that these prayers come true.

"Be Strong in the Lord, and Never Give Up Hope
You're Gonna Do Great Things, I Already Know
God's Got His Hand On You, so Don't Live Life in Fear,
Forgive and Forget, But Don't Forget Why You're Here,
Take Your Time and Pray..." 

As I cry more tears, just thinking about it... Ah! The joys of senior year emotions! My first born... My first to leave the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment